Saturday 6th Jan – Sunday 14th Jan 2018
Benefits of our EAT CLEAN detox:
1. Get Rid of Excess Waste and Weight
It is possible that you are carrying around excess faecal matter in your body. This excess waste can add on weight and just make you feel lethargic. When you do a detox, you can clean your colon and eliminate all this excess waste you are carrying around.
2. Increase Energy Levels
Having a lot of toxins in your body can decrease your energy levels. You may feel so tired all the time that you don’t feel like doing anything. Instead of going out with your friends or participating in different activities, you likely just want to lie on the couch all day. If you do a detox, your energy levels are typically restored making you feel brand new with the energy to do everything you want to do.
3. Strengthen Immune System
One of the greatest benefits of doing a detox is that you can strengthen your immune system. After you detox your body, you will notice that you don’t get sick as often. Your body will be able to fight off illnesses better because it is not filled with contaminants.
4. Increase Mental Focus
Doing a detox can increase your mental focus. If you don’t have all of those toxins in your body anymore, you will be able to concentrate better and have more creativity. This will benefit you greatly because you can focus and be more productive. And happier!!!
5. Clearer Skin and Shinier Hair
A detox not only helps you feel better; it can also help you look better. Getting rid of all the toxins in your body can actually make your hair look shinier and your skin glow. When people see you after your detox, don’t be surprised if they are all telling you how great you look!
So here’s the plan: Eliminate Meat, Sugar, Carbs, Caffeine and Dairy
1. From Saturday the 6th of Jan until Sunday the 14th of Jan inclusive we are going to be eating and drinking all of nature’s beautifully coloured, nutritionally packed, gorgeous tasting Fruit and Vegetables!!
2. We will be including 2 freshly squeezed juices or Nutribullets/Smoothies a day. Juicing and Nutribullets get more fruit and veg in to our bodies, and therefore more nutrients in to us more quickly….huge amounts!!
3. We will be mostly eating and drinking everything raw. Eating raw keeps all the body beneficial enzymes alive.
4. You can include all fruit and veg….apart from potatoes, and I tend to limit bananas to one a day.
5. You can, and must, drink plenty – water, coconut water, herb and fruit teas. – no shop bought juices are allowed!!!
6. You are allowed raw, natural, nuts and seeds. You can eat a few when you fancy or sprinkle on to salads. (No peanuts though)
7. You are allowed a little, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper and Alkalizing Himalayan Sea Salt (no normal salt).
8. We will be trying to eat our fruit earlier in the day, or on an empty stomach, as it digests much quicker than some veg.
9. We will be eating/drinking five meals a day.
10. Keep taking any supplements you are already taking. You may want to add in Wheatgrass, Chai Seeds, Linseed Oil, Spirulina, Maca, and Aloe Vera- which are all superfoods.
Example of a detox day:
On waking: Big glass of water
Herb or fruit Tea OR hot water with a slice of lemon
Breakfast: A Fruit Juice or Nutribullet
If you are having a juice please eat with a palmful of nuts/seeds or a Protein Ball. If you are having a Nutribullet please include some nuts/seeds in your blend- this is to stop spikes in your blood sugar levels.
Mid Morning: Fruit Bowl
Try to keep it simple and don’t mix too many types of fruits together – this is better for your digestion.
+ Nuts and Seeds
+ Herbal Tea or Coconut Water
Lunch: Veggie/Salad Bowl
I tend to have a tomato and avocado here, but you could also have crudités, carrots sticks, salad.
Mid Afternoon: A Green Juice or Nutribullet + a Protein Ball
2 Big handfuls of spinach go in first, then 1/3rd of a cucumber, 1 green apple, 2 sticks celery and 1cm piece of ginger
OR make up your own juice using any green veg…include 1 green apple and a slice of lemon for sweetness.
Dinner: Salad plus protein
Include leaves, herbs, raw veg, olives, nuts and seeds…..here is where you could have that little drizzle of olive oil and vinegar.
You can include a small fish fillet here- Tuna, Salmon, Cod, Sea Bass
Things to remember…try to eat or drink most fruit early in the day, Peel any citrus fruits. Try to buy organic. And most importantly, do not buy or juice anything you know you definitely don’t like, but if you’re not sure then give it a go!!
10 Day Plan + Group Exercise:
The week before: Try to minimise alcohol, smoking, caffeine, processed foods…..get your body, and your head ready
Friday 5th: Have a weigh in…if you want to! Plus, It’s shopping day…..go get all your fruit and veg…shopping list to follow!!
Saturday 6th: Off we go….shouldn’t be feeling too bad today. For those of you who want to we will be meeting at Heroes in Portals Nous at 10am for a 1 hour walk.
Sunday 7th: We may start to feel a bit rubbish today…headaches and low energy are normal and to be expected. Meet at 10.00am at the little port in Palmanova for a 1 hour walk.
Monday 8th: Now we’re fully in to it…this may be your worst day. Be gentle with yourself. Meet at 10.00am at Heroes for a 1 hour walk.
Tuesday 9th: May start to feel a little more energized. Morning walk – meet at 8.30am at French Coffee Shop for a 1 hour walk.
Wednesday 10th: Energy levels should be getting good. 1 hour walk from Heroes at 10.00am.
Thursday 11th: Day 6 and we should be feeling great!!! Meet at Nikki Beach at 10.00am for a 1 hour walk. Yogalates at Reflex at 6.30pm.
Friday 12th: Freestyle your exercise in the morning – Gym, walk, run, dance, a class, it’s up to you!! Group walk at 3.30pm, up the Costa Den Blanes Mountain.
Saturday the 13th: Here we go, let’s crank it up a notch!! Meet at Rosita’s in Calvia at 10.00am for a 1 and 1/4 hour mountain and road walk.
Sunday 14th: Meet at Car Park opposite the Cathedral for a 2 hour walk to Portixol at 10.00am.
You’re done!!! Well done and congratulations xx
Shopping List – Suggested:
2 x Lemons
Big bag of carrots
6 x Oranges
6 x Apples
Piece of Root Ginger
Raw Nuts and Seeds
Fruits you love – to juice or for your morning Fruit Snack
2 x Beetroot
1 x Cucumber
Bag of Spinach
Tomatoes – for juicing, snacking and salads.
2 x Avocado
Any veg you love – for juicing or your lunchtime Veggie Snack
Any additional veg for your Mean Green Juice.
Salad leaves/Herbs/Veg you love – for juicing or your dinner Salad Snack.
Fish Fillets of your choice.
Herb & Fruit Tea’s
It’s difficult to get experienced people with this topic, however, you sound like you
know what you’re referring to! Thanks
It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people on this topic,
but you sound like you know what you’re speaking about!