Did your last trip to Ibiza see you attend the latest Yoga Retreat rather than the clubs closing parties???
If you’re holiday agenda has now changed to see you cramming your time away full of enriching experiences, or pushing yourself out of your comfort zone – mentally and physically – you’re part of a growing new life maximising group of experience chasers, ladies who want to be fulfilled rather than thrilled.
The quest for fulfilment is becoming huge. We used to get a buzz from material goods, but now we’ve discovered that the retail high we get from that new handbag fades fast and what we actually crave are more meaningful experiences that don’t just make us look good, but actually feel amazing. And it’s not just the general chica who’s realised the goals have changed, the biggest celebrity launches are no longer tacky perfumes, but organic, chemical free skincare ranges, wholesome cookbooks and yoga DVD’s.
There is a growing awareness of how we’re spending our time (and our money), what we’re putting into our bodies and filling our minds with- and how to get the best of it all. Ten years ago we were looking for the quick fix to perfection, but now we’re smarter and more focused on healthier goals that promise true satisfaction. When we’re fulfilled its about being the optimum version of ourselves, not about being perfect.
So are you jumping on the fulfilled bandwagon??
Here are 5 signs you just may be:
1. Buying a new pair of Sweaty Betty yoga pants or trainers brings you just as much joy as that pair of sky scraping heels you saw.
2. You haven’t eaten sliced white bread in years (except hungover and at a greasy spoon, but that doesn’t count)
3. Rather than cutting foods out, you’re all about adding extra’s – Acai powder to porridge, pumpkin seeds on your salad, berries to your, erm, chocolate dessert.
4. You forgo your regular Friday Night out with the girls, as you’re up early hiking in the morning – well for this week anyway!
5. You take Echinacea to stave off colds, drink peppermint tea when you’re bloated and blend up a smoothie when you’re feeling run down – but still pop a Nurofen after a big night out.
Fulfilled is it the way forward……or are we just getting old?? He He xx