It’s underrated, it’s enjoyable, and best of all it’s FREE!!!!
But what are the actual benefits of a walk?
– If you walk 2 miles, three times a week, you will reduce your weight by 1lb every three weeks.
– Add in some Nordic Poles and you will burn up to 20% more calories, plus tone up your tum.
– You will gain 7.2 more years of life if you briskly walk the recommended 150 minutes a week. (Or just over 20 minutes a day)
– Walking just one mile can burn 100 calories Or one chocolate biscuit!!
– 30 minutes of walking per day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, melt fat and boost muscle power and endurance. Do it all in one go, or break it up.
– You will burn 10% more calories walking outside, working against the elements, than on the gym treadmill.
– 25% is the increase in distance you will walk if you use a pedometer.
– Ten minutes is all it takes to walk 1000 steps which is a tenth of our recommended daily quota.
– Plus, pump you your arms if you want to burn another 15% more calories
So, stride out and give it a go…..what have you got to lose….apart from weight!!!!
Origina Article from Fit & Well Magazine